How Can I Help The Homeless?
We often see Homeless persons on the streets and around our neighborhood.
Homeless situation arises due to reasons like job loss, mental illness, domestic violence, or teenagers running away from the home, etc. There are many ways by which one can help such Homeless persons and these ways are listed below: -
(1) Donate your old items like old cloths, toys, food, and even cash to the Homeless. Some prefer not to donate cash to them as they may misuse it for buying drugs and alcohol.
(2) Work as a volunteer at the shelter for helping the Homeless.
(3) Check with Local Salvation Army, Food Banks, Soup Kitchens, or other such organizations to find ways to help the Homeless.
(4) Give free services to Homeless like a lawyer can provide free legal help, physician can provide free medical services, and teacher can provide free education, etc.
(5) One can also contact a church to find out the various opportunities to help the Homeless.
(6) Treat the Homeless persons with respect and love them like your brothers and sisters.
(7) One can also start a fund raising organization in order to meet the needs of the Homeless.
(8) Pray for the Homeless as its importance can’t be neglected.
(9) Some Homeless can be criminals as well, so always be very cautions while talking to them.